Welcome! My name is Ari Koinuma (pronounced ko-ee-noo-ma), a Japanese-born, Minnesota-based songwriter, guitarist, and thinker. I appreciate your interest in me. Here are the most important bits that I’d love for you to know.
- My primary mission is to write songs that say “I’m with you” to those who are struggling with inner pain.
- My style is to develop long (7 – 10 minutes) progressive rock songs with careful attention to how lyrics and music work together to create cathartic experience.
- My main activity is to write and record these songs under my artistic moniker Aristotle’s Hope.
- My secondary mission is to share my honest, personal and vulnerable thoughts through blogging and videos in hopes that you can relate and/or gain useful insights.
- My aspiration is to build a little community around our shared passion for music and life.
- I dream of a private, intimate little group where I, and every other member, feel safe to let down our guards and discuss important and vulnerable issues.
- My other aspiration is to become a successful community-supported musician and leverage my experience to empower other musicians to create impactful music and pursue authentic artistic career.
I was born in Tokyo but I lived in São Paulo from age 12-18, then came to USA to attend St. Olaf College. Married a fellow Ole and lived in Austin, Texas for 10 years. Now I live in St. Paul, Minnesota with my wife and two kids.